Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stephen More <st...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/25 19:04:05 UTC

Re: NIO connector in Tomcat 6.0.14

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 12:19 PM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <dev....m> wrote:
> browser don't work the way you might it expect to, firefox for example,
>  will not display anything until the entire request is complete. so the
>  chat example is no good that way.
>  write a client application for your comet, to test how it works

Does anyone have java code to test that the chat comet example is
working correctly ?

-Thanks
Steve More

Re: NIO connector in Tomcat 6.0.14

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
there is a working Bayeux example, that also shows that Comet works, a
little more icing on the cake than necessary

steps to get it
1. check out the code from SVN
svn co --username tomcat --password tomcat
http://svn.hanik.com/svn/repos/tomcat-bayeux

2. Copy the application
a) copy tomcat-bayeux/build/tomcat-cometd.jar to TC_HOME/lib
b) copy tomcat-bayeux/build/cometd.war to TC_HOME/webapps

3. Start Tomcat

4. Test the application
http://localhost:8080/cometd/examples/simplechat/cometdchat.htm

this simple chat example, has one user on the server that echoes all
your messages,
we haven't built out the examples properly, but you will see that a
connection is always kept open while the client is polling the server,
but the server doesn't tie up a thread
netstat -na |grep 8080 should show a connection open

Filip