Posted to dev@metamodel.apache.org by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/02 18:33:20 UTC

[IMPORTANT] [VOTE] Apache Metamodel incubating release 4.1.0-RC1

No, we must not release, neither source or binary artifacts to both
distribution directory and Nexus, without send the copy of the VOTE
request to general@incubator.apache.org to get the release artifacts
vetted by IPMCS.

This is why I have been asking Ankit to document the steps to release
Apache MetaModel to make sure the next RM does not have the same
problems.

I believe at the beginning I have asked the PPMCs (note that I am
using term PPMC which means Podling PMC) to read the new commuter
guidelines [1] and incubator release guide [2].
There is another draft guide for incubator to do checklist of release
[3] and guide for release staging [4].

I am CCing private@ list for MetaModel to make sure new PPMCs to ASF
to read thoroughly the links in this email.

Being in incubator is the time to learn how ASF operates to be
efficient in the ASF community.

The Apache MetaModel is under Apache Incubator projects which means
that all the Podling (this is the term used to describe Apache project
in incubator) PMCs report to IPMCs and technically their VOTEs are not
binding.
Kasper, I see you already in the general@ list so you must have seen
emails with subject [VOTE] for releases from different Apache podlings
which we will have to do.

Short summary of release for incubator is:
1. Send email VOTE to dev@ list to get PPMCs votes
2. Once passed, send [RESULT] [VOTE] email to dev@ list for MetaModel
to announce the result of the vote.
3. MUST send the VOTE to general@incubator.apache.org.
4. All mentors which IPMCs need to make sure his/ her votes counted in
the general@ list
5. Once approved then we published the source artifacts under ASF
distribution SVN to be automatically (through svn pub sub) to all
mirrors.

For now, I am asking mentors to help vetted the release artifacts and
then we could move to the general list as soon as possible.

Kasper, I am not sure if you could retract NEXUS published artifacts
but please do try.

Ankit, please create the release procedure steps in MetaModel wiki
since you are still have all the records and steps when you did it the
last time.

Thanks,

- Henry

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html
[3] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/release.html
[4] https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Releasing+a+Staging+Repository

Re: [VOTE] Apache Metamodel incubating release 4.1.0-RC1

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
That is ok, official ASF release is in distribution directory. Hopefully we
could get the RC1 approve.

Dear metamodel mentors, I need help to verify the release in both dev and
general lists.

Thanks,

Henry

Re: [IMPORTANT] [VOTE] Apache Metamodel incubating release 4.1.0-RC1

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.