Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1997/06/13 18:48:16 UTC

Re: 1.3/2.0

Wow! Hope your doing Ok in you flamesuit. :-) Very little response
to this...

Your argument is well stated and I must agree that one of the
advantages this group has had from the beginning has been the
ability to move things forward quickly. 1.2 showed evidence of
getting a bit bogged down by I'm not sure what.

To be quite honest, I'm not that bent on threading and defer those
issues to those of you that are much more qualified to address the
performance and API issues. I personally have the following list of
items that I would like to start working on to pursue my personal
interests.

* proxy
* GUI API
* SNMP - could apply to GUI
* SQL applications

This seems to sync well with Brian's shortlist below and I would
support a refocusing to see if we can take some smaller steps
toward the 2.0 goal.