Posted to users@maven.apache.org by 钱新林 <qi...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/19 11:36:57 UTC

Maven can not create new project?

hi, everyone, i am a newbie to Maven2.

i am here to ask some question about maven. hope some warmhearted friends
can help me.
i am working on windows and want to use the open source GIS tools like
GeoTools and geoserver, these two project are both managed by
Maven.Mytrouble is listed below:

   1.  when i run the sample command of create new project using maven ,
   it always  report error like following, how can i fix it ???
   d:\>mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=
   org.apache.maven.archetypes -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app-DartifactId=my-app
   [INFO] Scanning for projects...
   [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
   [INFO]
   [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
   [INFO]
   [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin'
   does not exi
   st or no valid version could be found
   [INFO]
   [INFO]
   [INFO] Total time: < 1 second
   [INFO] Finished at: Thu Jul 19 17:35:53 CST 2007
   [INFO] Final Memory: 1M/4M
   [INFO]

   2.  i have a unstable Internet connection so that the maven compile
   process became intolerably boring, before sucess it will failed many times
   when download dependency packages. can i separately download every JAR and
   manually install it to my local repository?

--
Wir müssen wissen,Wir werden wissen

Re: Maven can not create new project?

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@exist.com>.
Hi,

I think this has already been discussed in the mailing list previously.
Please see the thread with subject "New maven user: The plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not exist or no
valid version could be found" for reference.

Thanks,
Deng

Posted by sam <qi...@gmail.com>.
HI,
   go to the directory  .m2\repository\org\apache\maven\plugins to see is
there a directory named maven-archetype-plugin,if there is,delete this
directory,because it may be a bad package,if there isn't, it may be maven
can't download the maven-archetype-plugin,so check you network for you
computer.good luck!

Posted by Eric Yu <su...@gmail.com>.
the goal deps on