Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/20 16:33:25 UTC

using saml2 for authentication

my application uses wicket authentication which it turn uses spring  acegi
security, now we along with our partner decided to use single sign on for
which saml2  is proposed,  I have to implement saml2 in my wicket
application we will the service provider and our partners will be identity
provider, did anybody used saml2 with wicket?

RE: using saml2 for authentication

Posted by Hielke Hoeve <Hi...@topicus.nl>.
I find the documentation appalling. I have searched for 2 days for
proper libraries and all I could find was either half a library,
outdated libraries, old libraries, libraries with fuzzy documentation or
a full blown server installation (openaselectserver.org). I might be
spoiled as openid4java is easy as 1-2-3 to implement as it contains
examples...

I will look into Shibboleth, maybe I just looked wrong but I couldn't
make anything out of it. For one I find a product wrong when you need to
hire some chap at an insanely hourly rate just to plug a library into
your project...

Hielke

Posted by Hielke Hoeve <Hi...@topicus.nl>.
We have to use SAML2 in wicket as well, but there are absolutely no
libraries for java available. Let alone proper documentation... It seems
this is a wheel to be invented...

Hielke