Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by William Slacum <ws...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/01 07:06:16 UTC

Sharing configuration options across many workflows

Hi all!

I have a question regarding sharing common configuration options across
many workflows. When running in a secure environment and communicating w/
Hive, it's common to need to specify a credentials section in the workflow
definition and then those use the defined credentials in action nodes
within the workflow.

In my environment, we have many Oozie workflows that are being migrated to
a new, secure environment and it's cumbersome to have all of our users
place, what is in our situation, the same few lines of XML at the beginning
of each of their workflows. Is there a way to make this information
globally available such that users can make minimal changes to their
workflows?

I was looking at the documentation[1], and I don't think the answer to this
question is "yes" given what I've read there, but I'd like to double check.

Appreciate the help!
- Bill

[1] http://oozie.apache.org/docs/4.1.0/WorkflowFunctionalSpec.html