Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Martin Kisimov <Ma...@discovery.co.za> on 2002/11/25 13:41:27 UTC

RE: Jar file containing new portlets that enhance IFrame and webr writing capabilities

another question with which I am struggling

I set an attribute in the WebBrowserPortlet, but is not available in a
simple jsp which I display in the portlet. Infact none of the attributes are
available in the jsp and the session.isNew method returns true.

I am a bit confused, as this happens all the time and new session gets
created all the time

Any answers to that?

On the other hand I made a listener which looks at when an attribute get
placed removed or replace in a session and all the attributes are there,
however via the jsp I do not get anything in terms of attributes.

Why is that

Posted by Glen Carl <ca...@csc-monterey.com>.
No worries. We need to improve our documentation. We are happy there is
some interest in these portlets, and there is some discussion. It helps
us determine some areas that need improvement.
Thanks,
Glen

Posted by Steve <sb...@velos.com>.

Posted by Glen Carl <ca...@csc-monterey.com>.

Posted by Casimiro Lovato-Winston <wi...@metnet.navy.mil>.
Where are you setting the attributes? Are these in the URL? If the reference
is to a jsp make sure that the attributes are part of the url for the jsp.
I.e. not before the attribute name that declares a url to go to. Sessions
are written in the url but this is only tested with Tomcat. I don't know if
other containers find meaning in "jsessionid=bloblobbloblob" the same way.
Guess it is a good time to find out.

Hope that helps,
Casey W