Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Johnny <ke...@mimos.my> on 2002/07/23 10:43:14 UTC

symbol table

 How to display symbol table associated with objects, archive library of
objects or executable files in Java?

 In C language, we use "nm" command, but how about Java?

java.lang.NullPointerException

Posted by Johnny <ke...@mimos.my>.
 when i run the servlet, i received java.lang.NullPointerException
error....do u know why?

 code:
 public class VServlet extends HttpServlet {
        public void service(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res)
                        throws IOException, ServletException {

 error message:
 java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.sr.VServlet.service(VServlet.java:26)

Re: symbol table

Posted by Willis Boyce <wb...@panix.com>.
The javap utility (included with the JDK) will tell you about the methods,
variables and scopes, and bytecodes of any Java class.  Try javap -private
your.class.Name and then work from there.