Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by thinkingmik <mi...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/04 09:28:30 UTC

Triggering a propagation on user's memberships updates

Hi,

there is a way to trigger a propagation task to an external resource
(database) when a user is inserted or removed from a group?

PROBLEM

I have an external resource mapped for USER type (with a
/net.tirasa.connid.bundles.db.scriptedsql/ connector) that writes the user's
groups into a database.

For do this, I have implemented a custom propagation action (/before/
method) applied to the external resource that extracts user's groups and
pass them to the groovy script in a connid attribute called __MEMBERSHIPS__
(the scripts was defined in the connector using the params
createScriptFileName, updateScriptFileName, etc..).

BEHAVIOR

When I create a new user on Syncope everthing goes well, the propapagation
task writes into database the groups where the user is in. But when I update
an user, the propagation triggers ONLY if I change a plain attribute of this
user (suppose to have firstname, lastname in the schema and mapped in the
external resource).

QUESTION

There is a way/trick to trigger the update propagation to the external
resource only if I'm modifying the user's memberships?

Thank you very much.

-----

Michele
--