Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2007/11/01 03:08:08 UTC

Re: Any tips for indexing large amounts of data?

: currently batch my updates in lots of 100 and between batches I close and
: reopen the "connection" to solr like so:

:     private void closeConnection() {
:         solrCore.close();
:         solrCore = null;
:         logger.debug("Closed solr connection");
:     }
:
: Does anyone have any pointers or see anything obvious I'm doing wrong?

you haven't really shown us much about what you are acutally doing to
index your docs so that we can see what might be taking time, but i can
tell you that there is absolutely no reason what so ever to close your
SolrCore in the middle of a large indexing job.

-Hoss