Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "jd.lightwing" <jd...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/16 20:15:11 UTC

Re: web browser issue when trying to view a messsage.

I would just like to verify that the fix is to revert to the Java 7 jre.
Having had the same issue you described while running Java 8, I used Java 7
and I can use the website functions with no errors.

The way I ran with Java 7 without affecting other programs on the latest
Java version was to install the jre to a directory somewhere, eg:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\jre

Then, I added that path to the activemq.bat file in the
activemq-versionxxx\bin directory, so it uses that version instead of the
JAVA_HOME version.

This the location in my .bat file:
/if "%JAVA_HOME%" == "" goto noJavaHome
if not exist "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java.exe" goto noJavaHome
if "%_JAVACMD%" == "" set _JAVACMD=C:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\jre\bin\java.exe
goto runAnt/

Noticing you are running on Ubuntu though, I presume you'll have a .sh file
instead so the process will be the same, it just might look slightly
different.