Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Burger <mb...@cs.uni-sb.de> on 2006/04/25 10:09:43 UTC

[m2] How to generate "Download report" using Maven 2

Hello!

In Maven 1 it was possible to add a download report to the generated
site (maven.xdoc.distributionUrl). I cannot found any information about
this feature in the documentation of Maven 2. Is this feature missing?

Regards,

Martin Burger

--
Martin Burger
Researcher

Software Engineering Chair (Prof. Zeller)
Saarland University, Dept. of Informatics

Tel. +49 (0)681 302-64783 � Fax +49 (0)681 302-64012
mburger@cs.uni-sb.de � http://www.st.cs.uni-sb.de/~mburger/

Re: [m2] How to generate "Download report" using Maven 2

Posted by mburger <mb...@cs.uni-sb.de>.

mburger wrote:

> In Maven 1 it was possible to add a download report to the generated
> site (maven.xdoc.distributionUrl). I cannot found any information about
> this feature in the documentation of Maven 2. Is this feature missing?

Any news about this topic? Do you create your download pages manually? Any
best practices when publishing assemblies?

Regards

Martin Burger

Re: advanced exclude pattern for Skinny Wars

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Oh, I see this was a mistake, you weren't done with the email... Nevermind!

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

AW: Advanced exclude pattern for Skinny Wars for RAD / WAS

Posted by "Baeriswyl Kuno - Extern (IT-BA-MV)" <ku...@sbb.ch>.
Hello,

sorry, for the confusion..outlook "automatically" send my draft..;-}

back to my problem. Unfortunately, your approach doesn't work with RAD 7.0 / Websphere 6.1, since RAD's J2EE Dependency configuration for the WAR project relies on the Manifest file in WEB-INF/lib. If I set the Provided scope to libraries, Maven won't generate an classpath entry in the Manifest file. As a consequence, The web app classloader won't see this dependency.

Kuno

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by gpborges <gp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris.... I was doing the same thing these days here at IBM on a migration
project from WAS 4.7 to WAS 6.1. So I've applied maven to organize the
projects that are no "so good" hehehee...

I've already added some of the configurations you've added for the
maven-eclipse-plugin (m2eclipse specific goal) but the JRE System Library I
was not using like yours... I was using in this way:

<classpathContainer>org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType</classpathContainer>

and in your previous message where you've added your complete pom you've
used in this way:

<classpathContainer>
org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/WebSphere
v6.1 JRE</classpathContainer>

However, when I run the eclipse:m2eclipse to generate the RAD files
(.project, .classpath, .settings and etc..) I got this on my .classpath and
I think it's no ok:

<classpathentry kind="con"
path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/WebSphere&#10;&#9;&#9;&#9;&#9;&#9;&#9;&#9;v6.1
JRE"/>

I think the problem is only the end of the value...  Is it "WebSphere v6.1
JRE" (with a space between WebSphere and v6.1) or "WebSpherev6.1 JRE" (with
no space) ???

Other questions... Where on the RAD installation did you get the dependency
to deploy on your private repository??? I have and Artifactory server in
place and I'd like to do that as well... The dependency I'm asking is this
one:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.ibm.websphere.appserver</groupId>
            <artifactId>runtime</artifactId>
            <version>6.1</version>
            <type>pom</type>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

I'm looking forward your feedback...

Thaks in advance.

Posted by Ch...@aami.com.au.
"Baeriswyl Kuno - Extern (IT-BA-MV)" <ku...@sbb.ch> wrote on
30/05/2008 00:37:53:

> Hello,
>
> in der Maven documentation is an article about a workaround for creating

> skinny wars. http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-
> plugin/examples/skinny-wars.html
>
> In this approach, all libs in WEB-INF/lib are exluded by applying
> following pattern configuration: <warSourceExcludes>WEB-INF/lib/*.
> jar</warSourceExcludes>
>
> Is it possible to exclude only certain libraries? Respectively, can I
> configure the war plugin in way that I it keeps the web specific
> dependencies, e.g. Struts libraries, in the web application and shares
> only the utility libraries in the EAR classloader?

I am having exactly the same issue. (See the current thread with subject:
Multi Module Projects - manifest question).

Upon reading the doco on the warSourceExcludes attribute (
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/war-mojo.html#warSourceExcludes)
the value of the tag is a comma separated list.

Yes, for things such as struts, spring etc, it may be a very long list,
but from what I can infer from the doco, that is what is needed.

I'll be testing that out a little further today. I'll let you know how I
go.

Posted by "Baeriswyl Kuno - Extern (IT-BA-MV)" <ku...@sbb.ch>.
thanks,

actually, I didn't realize that a comma separated list is possible. I think, this should do it.

Kuno

Posted by "Baeriswyl Kuno - Extern (IT-BA-MV)" <ku...@sbb.ch>.
Hello,

Posted by mburger <mb...@cs.uni-sb.de>.