Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Venkatesh Audinarayanan <ve...@oracle.com> on 2006/09/23 12:34:05 UTC

Unable to compile classes generated by java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java

Hi,
I am using Apache Axis 1.2.1 version. I generate the classes from wsdl
file with WSDL2Java tool.
The following packages & class files are created:
1) _59\_159\_69\_152\axis\services\OrderProcessor
BeanService.java
BeanServiceService.java
BeanServiceServiceLocator.java
OrderProcessorSoapBindingStub.java

2) BeanService
Order.java

I am able to compile the java bean (Order.java) inside BeanService package.

*Then when I try to compile the proxy class (BeanService.java) inside
_59\_159\_69\_152\axis\services\OrderProcessor, I am getting the
following error:*
_59\_159\_69\_152\axis\services\OrderProcessor\BeanService.java:11:
cannot find
symbol
symbol  : class Order
location: interface
_59._159._69._152.axis.services.OrderProcessor.BeanService
    public java.lang.String processOrder(BeanService.Order in0) throws
java.rmi.
RemoteException;
                     ^
In fact, I am getting similar kind of errors, when I try to compile the
other classes in *_59\_159\_69\_152\axis\services\OrderProcessor package.
I noticed that the classes inside
**_59\_159\_69\_152\axis\services\OrderProcessor are referring to the
Order class in *BeanService package. But they neither use package prefix
nor import the class from the package.

Please let me know if this is a known problem and there is any fix for this?
I have attached the class files (orderProcessor.zap) and wsdl file
(OrderProcessor.xml) for reference.
Please rename orderProcessor.zap to orderProcessor.zip as my mail server
doesn't allow zip files.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Venkatesh.

*
*

Re: Unable to compile classes generated by java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java

Posted by Venkatesh Audinarayanan <ve...@oracle.com>.
Hi Martin,
We are using JDK 1.4. As you mentioned, if package name is in lower
case(beanservice instead of BeanService), it would solve the problem.
is it a problem with wsdl2java utility since it is not following that
convention? I have filed a bug (*AXIS-2564
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-2564>) *against wsdl
processing component.

Thanks,
Venkatesh.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
JIRA please. If it is not yet fixed in nightly.

-- dims

Posted by Venkatesh Audinarayanan <ve...@oracle.com>.
Hi Martin,

Martin Gainty wrote:
> Venkatesh and Arvind
>
> You have certainly come to the right place for these solutions!
>
> changing
> 'processOrder(BeanService.Order in0)'
> 'processOrder(Order in0)'
>
> and placing
> import BeanService.Order;
> after the package specification works (and before public interface
> BeanService specification) works
>
> Martin --
> addressed.  If you have received this email message in error, please
> notify

  location: interface _59._159._69._152.axis.services.OrderProcessor.BeanService
[...]

           <wsdl:output message="impl:processOrderResponse" name="processOrderResponse"/>

              <wsdlsoap:body encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" namespace="http://152.69.159.59:8080/axis/services/OrderProcessor" use="encoded"/>