Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Sascha Rodekamp <sa...@googlemail.com> on 2011/06/07 15:46:05 UTC

Downloadable version 11.04

Hi *,

I'm missing a downloadable version of the 11.04 branch in the OFBiz download
area.
Is it a lot of work to create a ZIP file and add the link?

Thanks,
Sascha

--

Sascha Rodekamp
    Visit the new german OFBiz Blog: http://www.ofbiz.biz

Re: Downloadable version 11.04

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
OK forget it, I think it's too late now

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Scott Gray" <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On 9/06/2011, at 12:21 AM, Erwan de FERRIERES wrote:

> Le 08/06/2011 14:04, Scott Gray a écrit :
>> Hi Erwan,
>>
>> Ignore this paragraph since I wrote it will you were making the changes that solved the problem:
>> I agree with Jacopo, I really think the best solution would be to just have users that want cobertura run the separate ant task that downloads it instead of doing it automatically for them.  We are allowed optional dependencies of non-compatible libraries but I think the automatic download when running tests crosses the line in a mandatory dependency.
>>
>> Also another thing to keep in mind for any feature is that a change that makes life easier for you won't necessarily make life easier for everyone.  For example, I never look at the cobertura reports when running tests but now I have to wait while the library is downloaded (not sure what happens when I'm offline) and also put up with longer run times because of the additional overhead of the instrumentation.
>>
>> I'm not complaining though, just wanted to take the opportunity to again highlight that sometimes certain additional features can be as much of a hindrance to some as they can be a help to others.
>>
>> Regards
>> Scott
>>
> Hi Scott,
>
> i'm not using the cobertura feature either. The only reason I make cobertura downloadable is to remove the errors at the build time.

Well in that case this is a good example of making changes without any thought to the impact of those changes.  But all the same, thanks for fixing the issue.

Regards
Scott

Re: Downloadable version 11.04

Posted by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.fr>.
Le 08/06/2011 14:04, Scott Gray a écrit :
> Hi Erwan,
>
> Ignore this paragraph since I wrote it will you were making the changes that solved the problem:
> I agree with Jacopo, I really think the best solution would be to just have users that want cobertura run the separate ant task that downloads it instead of doing it automatically for them.  We are allowed optional dependencies of non-compatible libraries but I think the automatic download when running tests crosses the line in a mandatory dependency.
>
> Also another thing to keep in mind for any feature is that a change that makes life easier for you won't necessarily make life easier for everyone.  For example, I never look at the cobertura reports when running tests but now I have to wait while the library is downloaded (not sure what happens when I'm offline) and also put up with longer run times because of the additional overhead of the instrumentation.
>
> I'm not complaining though, just wanted to take the opportunity to again highlight that sometimes certain additional features can be as much of a hindrance to some as they can be a help to others.
>
> Regards
> Scott

Hi Scott,

i'm not using the cobertura feature either. The only reason I make
cobertura downloadable is to remove the errors at the build time.

So problem solved, we can ship the 11.04 release!

I'll take a look to your comment with the build target.

Cheers,

--
Erwan de FERRIERES
www.nereide.biz

Re: Downloadable version 11.04

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Erwan,

Posted by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.fr>.
Le 08/06/2011 12:08, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
> Hi Erwan,
>
> I doubt it will be enough to resolve this concern about the ASF licensing policy.
>
> Jacopo

Hi Scott and Jacopo,

this is should not be a problem anymore. I created a new ant target
which is using cobertura, and put back the run-tests as it was before.

So cobertura is only downloaded when using the right target.

Cheers,

--
Erwan de FERRIERES
www.nereide.biz

Re: Downloadable version 11.04

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Erwan,

Posted by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.fr>.

Posted by Sascha Rodekamp <sa...@googlemail.com>.
Ah ok Scott is right. I don't think of it. That might Be a Problem. Should we Open a Task for it?

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Sascha,