Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dino Ming <di...@dinovision.net> on 2001/06/19 16:13:26 UTC

Define the /var/www to serve .jsp ?

Dear All,

    Sorry for my stupid question, and I'm new to JSP & Servlet.

    Here are my questions.

    Is it good to set the Apache's document root to pass .jsp to Tomcat ? Or I need to define a folder under $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/"my new folder" , and putting all of my .jsp inside ?

    It look like Tomcat treat folders inside $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ as an application ?

Rgds,
Dino

Re: Define the /var/www to serve .jsp ?

Posted by Dino Ming <di...@dinovision.net>.
Hi Brandon Cruz,

    It is good to have an example for me to start. Please.

    I didn't need to setting up the Virtual host for my apache. And I commented all other Context Path out, and added the following. Is this correct ?

        <Context path="."
                 docBase="/var/www"
                 crossContext="false"
                 debug="0"