Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mallari Kulkarni <Ma...@TRIGYN.com> on 2001/02/16 14:32:00 UTC

Struts on IPlanet

	Hi,

	Anybody knows how to implemet Struts on IPlanet Fast-track Server
4.1 which
	supports Custom Tags and JSP 1.1.  Is it comatible ?

	Regards
	Mallari Kulkarni

Re: Struts on IPlanet

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Craig Tataryn wrote:

> I went to the first link you sent, there is a disturbing number of people
> named Craig who are interested in Struts.
>
> :)
>
> <tataryn:craig/>

Scary, isn't it :-)

Craig (McClanahan)

Re: Struts on IPlanet

Posted by Craig Tataryn <Cr...@msdw.com>.

--
I've been trying to change the world for years, but they just won't give me
the source code....

Re: can I move struts.jar?

Posted by Maya Muchnik <mm...@pumatech.com>.
As I know, now each application has to have struts.jar under its own WEB-INF.

Re: can I move struts.jar?

Posted by Incze Lajos <in...@mail.matav.hu>.
> > Hold a "master copy" of struts.jar and put only symbolic links to it
> > into your webapps/{app}/WEB-INF/lib (on unix - on windows I think
> > "alias" would work but don't know). If you are brave enough you
> > can try tomcat 3.3m1, which has a directory to hold jars shared by
> > more webapps. I think the same holds for tomcat4, too. Don't know
> > of other servlet containers what can be done there.          incze
>
> There is such a directory in Tomcat 4.0 ($CATALINA_HOME/lib), but struts.jar will
> not work if you place it there -- among other things, the controller servlet
> class will be loaded from the shared class loader instead of your web app class
> loader, so that it will not be able to see any of the classes you actually store
> in WEB-INF/classes or WEB-INF/lib.
>
> Always put struts.jar in the WEB-INF/lib directory of your webapps.
>
> Craig McClanahan

Sorry. It was REALLY not the first time that you had to put down
these words ("Always put struts.jar in the WEB-INF/lib directory
of your webapps"). I was too glad of that shared lib directories.
So, reamins the master copy with that links/aliases.       incze

Re: can I move struts.jar?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.

Re: can I move struts.jar?

Posted by Incze Lajos <in...@mail.matav.hu>.