Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ashwini Sawant <as...@impactinfosys.com> on 2009/02/03 17:39:26 UTC

Urgent Question about FOP-hyphenation-wrap

Hi,

I am trying to wrap data within a cell so it does not overflow to the next
column.

I have tried the following already (which do not work for me):

keep-together.within-column="always" for cell or for block

wrap-option="wrap" for cell or for block

I am also using hyphenation. It works perfectly for everything except data
that has an "_" (underscore in it). I have attached my resulting PDF as an
example.

What can I do to get this data that has underscores in it to wrap within the
cell?

I am using FOP 0.95

Any help is much appreciated.

If this is not the correct email address for such a question, please let me
know the exact email address where I can post such a question.

Thanks,

Ashwini

Ashwini Sawant

Impact Systems, Inc.
20 Montchanin Road
Suite A-5
Greenville, DE  19807

302-573-6864 ext 206 office

ashwini.sawant@impactinfosys.com

Re: Urgent Question about FOP-hyphenation-wrap

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
FOP implements Unicode UAX#14 line breaking rules. That specification
defines how words are broken. Using a custom hyphenation patterns (i.e.
built by you) you could probably (I've never done it) customize the
work-breaking behaviour a bit. But I don't know if there's a readily
available hyphenation pattern that would allow what you want (there
probably isn't). My earlier recommendation still stands: use zero-width
spaces (or soft hyphens) to add additional word-breaking possibilities.
Various people on this list have done it this way.

For example: http://markmail.org/message/jecf2fzs4gecsjiz

On 06.02.2009 18:56:44 Ashwini Sawant wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The issue is fixed for "_". But it still cannot wrap for a few other special
> characters, one of that being "@". So I also surrounded that with a zero
> width space for now.
>
> But is there any hyphenation pattern that will work on these characters?
> So we don't need to make these special changes.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ashwini Sawant
>
> Impact Systems, Inc.
> 20 Montchanin Road
> Suite A-5
> Greenville, DE  19807
>
> 302-573-6864 ext 206 office
>
> ashwini.sawant@impactinfosys.com

Jeremias Maerki

RE: Urgent Question about FOP-hyphenation-wrap

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.