Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Luis Martinez <lm...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2020/05/22 21:33:16 UTC

VM's are slow

Hi Group

I have CS 4.13.1.0-1 running with the following hardware

1 Manager server with 4 cores and 8 in RAM

1 KVM server with 24 cores and 64G of RAM

1 FREENAS with 4 disks of 3T in Raid 1 with 12 G of RAM

I am able to download CentOS7 and create VM but it feels a little slow
with 6 cores and 8G of RAM but with windows it's worse, I created a VM
with 6 cores and 8 G of RAM and it's very slow and the % of use in the
VM is 45 as well as the network,  just checking if somebody had the same
problem and what could I check to fix this problem.

Thank you,

Luis Martinez.

Re: VM's are slow

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
NFS (over the network) + HDD = slow as expected.
In Linux, during some IO work (yum update or similar), try to observe the
IO waiting time (top / wa parameter) - if high enough it will confirm CPU
waiting for IO to complete = slow storage.

Anyway, with inside VM tools, try to see WHAT is the problem
It has nothing to do with ACS - ACS just manages the KVM in this case, and
KVM/VMs work slow (per your statement)

Best,
Andrija

--