Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Dave Meier <DM...@SERENA.com> on 2006/10/31 01:52:39 UTC

REST status in Axis2C latest code?

Hi,

I'm running the axis2_http_server.exe and attempting to invoke services
REST style, but not having much luck.  Also tried with the axis2 module
installed under apache 2 and got the same result.

Is REST fully implemented for Axis2C?

I'm trying a URL like this
"http://localhost:9090/axis2/echo/echoString".  All it does is list out
all the services instead of calling the echo service.  I know I am not
providing the string argument to echoString, but it doesn't seem to be
getting that far anyway.

Am I doing this correctly?

Thanks,

-Dave.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: REST status in Axis2C latest code?

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Dave Meier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running the axis2_http_server.exe and attempting to invoke services
> REST style, but not having much luck.  Also tried with the axis2 module
> installed under apache 2 and got the same result.
>
> Is REST fully implemented for Axis2C?
>
> I'm trying a URL like this
> "http://localhost:9090/axis2/echo/echoString".  All it does is list out
> all the services instead of calling the echo service.  I know I am not
> providing the string argument to echoString, but it doesn't seem to be
> getting that far anyway.
>
> Am I doing this correctly?

Try http://localhost:9090/axis2/services/echo/echoString?text=hello
 If you are using the web browser and do not see anything, then try to

Smaisa...

Re: Axis2C REST with POST

Posted by Nandika Jayawardana <ja...@gmail.com>.
HI Dave,
There is an example of how to use REST POST in samples/user_guide folder,
When you specify

 AXIS2_OPTIONS_SET_PROPERTY(options, env, AXIS2_ENABLE_REST,
            AXIS2_VALUE_TRUE);

post will be used. It can be changed to use GET by using following code.

 AXIS2_OPTIONS_SET_PROPERTY(options, env, AXIS2_HTTP_METHOD,
                AXIS2_HTTP_HEADER_GET);

pls look at echo_rest.c

Thanks
Nandika

Re: [Axis2] Rampart build system

Posted by Kaushalye Kapuruge <ka...@wso2.com>.
Dinesh Premalal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com> writes:
>

>> There are couple of issues with rampart build:
>> 1. It installs the libs to deploy/rampart/rampart/rampart be default -
>> this is wired; why three levels?
>>
> Don't know whether I already miss the answer for this
> thread. axis2c-412  issue is related to this issue. Please close that
> issue if we have any special reason to keep three levels.

See my comments on this in...
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-412

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

[Axis2] Rampart build system

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
There are couple of issues with rampart build:
1. It installs the libs to deploy/rampart/rampart/rampart be default -
this is wired; why three levels?
2. No build.sh in samples
3. I would like the samples build included in rampart build.sh like in
the case of main build.sh

Thanks,
Samisa...

Re: Axis2C REST with POST

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Dave Meier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been able to make REST style calls using the query string, but am
> wondering how to use REST with POST.  Is there an example of this
> anywhere?

Have a look at samples/user_guide/clients/echo_rest.c

Samisa...

Axis2C REST with POST

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Dave Meier wrote:
> Sorry, I did get it to work with
> "http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/echo/echoString?foo=bar" - it
> returns "bar" in the response.
>
> For REST calls, does there always have to be one or more arguments in
> the query string?

Yes you have to send the payload expected by the service.

Samisa...

RE: REST status in Axis2C latest code?