Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Tomas Bahnik <to...@systinet.com> on 2003/06/25 14:28:56 UTC

native timer

Are there any plans to add native timer via JNI to JMeter to improve time
resolution. The resolution on Windows using System.currentTimeMillis() is 10
ms on Linux is 1ms [1]. When testing web services I can easily get,on simple
messages, response times bellow 1ms.

[1] http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/javaqa/2003-01/01-qa-0110-timing.html

Tomas Bahnik
Systinet Corp
www.systinet.com

Re: native timer

Posted by ms...@apache.org.
I don't have any plans to do this, but that doesn't stop anyone else from doing
it.

-Mike

On 25 Jun 2003 at 14:28, Tomas Bahnik wrote:

> Are there any plans to add native timer via JNI to JMeter to improve time
> resolution. The resolution on Windows using System.currentTimeMillis() is 10
> ms on Linux is 1ms [1]. When testing web services I can easily get,on
simple
> messages, response times bellow 1ms.
>
> [1] http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/javaqa/2003-01/01-qa-0110-
timing.html