Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/03 14:39:52 UTC

GridCacheAdapter#putAll

Folks,

Can someone please explain a bit around GridCacheAdapter#putAll's logic
please? I am trying to understand which part works with locking.

Regards,

Atri

Atri
*l'apprenant*

Re: GridCacheAdapter#putAll

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for that.

I totally appreciate the fact that this is not a quick ticket and that it
involves understanding of locking synchronizations (both are the reasons
why I picked this ticket). I also poked about function calls a lot hence
have specific questions around the code.

Specifically:

My understanding now says that the main call that actually handles putAll
operation is IgniteTxLocalAdapter.putAllAsync0 (coming down from
GridCacheAdapter). Is that correct?

In IgniteTxLocalAdapter.putAllAsync(), if I understand correctly,
txLockAsync() is the call that actually locks the entries, so logic around
this method needs to be modified for ATOMIC cache case,right?

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.