Posted to dev@spot.apache.org by Castille Epee <ca...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/26 04:02:23 UTC

Hardcoded reputation check in flow.

Flow hard codes gti as the only reputation source. Proxy on the other hand
refers correctly to the reputation json config file, and generically uses
the appropriate modules.

Wondering why flow doesn't take the same, obviously simpler and better
approach? Any interest in a patch that makes flow do the same as proxy?

Re: Hardcoded reputation check in flow.

Posted by "Barona, Ricardo" <ri...@intel.com>.
Got it, thanks!

On 9/26/17, 4:36 PM, "Castille Epee" <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Thanks Ricardo. The intent is to contribute it if there is interest. The
    current implementation uses mysql. There is some reluctance in adding yet
    another dependency. Metron seems to be using hbase for similar functions,
    again a new dependency. We are also debating a free service vs. locally
    hosted.

    Opened another pull request for a different bug fix.

Posted by Castille Epee <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Barona, Ricardo" <ri...@intel.com>.

Posted by Castille Epee <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ricardo,