Posted to users@camel.apache.org by crankydillo <cr...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/01 23:27:50 UTC

Migrating from 1.6 to 2.2: Using seda endpoint

Hi,

We are processing HTTP requests with a route like A -> B -> seda:log-stuff

Where B produces the actual response that we want sent back to the client.

This used to work in 1.6, but does not in 2.2.  I thought the
waitForTaskToComplete=Never was the answer, but that didn't work either.

Any ideas on how I can get a response back to the client immediately
after B produces it?

Thanks.

Re: Migrating from 1.6 to 2.2: Using seda endpoint

Posted by crankydillo <cr...@gmail.com>.
On 07/01/2010 10:57 PM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 11:27 PM, crankydillo<cr...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are processing HTTP requests with a route like A ->  B ->  seda:log-stuff
>>
>> Where B produces the actual response that we want sent back to the client.
>>
>> This used to work in 1.6, but does not in 2.2.  I thought the
>> waitForTaskToComplete=Never was the answer, but that didn't work either.
>>
>> Any ideas on how I can get a response back to the client immediately after B
>> produces it?
>
> This is what the WireTap EIP pattern can be used for
> http://camel.apache.org/wire-tap
>
> To tap a message somewhere, such as to the seda queue.

wiretap appears to do the trick.  I still don't understand the
waitForTaskToComplete, but that is just one of many things I don't
understand;)

Many thanks.

Re: Migrating from 1.6 to 2.2: Using seda endpoint

Posted by Samuel Cox <cr...@gmail.com>.
K, I'll try that, but I thought the seda component could did this
automagically.  What does waitForTaskToComplete=Never mean?

Thanks.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.