Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Enrico Migliore <en...@fatti.com> on 2006/04/05 15:07:15 UTC

SableVM on Cygwin

hi folks,

 I've just built SableVM and Classpath-0.20 on Cygwin without problems
and the HelloWorld console application runs perfectly :-)
 While waiting for the VMI interface to be ready, I'm gonna do the
following steps:

  1. Try to enable the -no-cygwin GCC flag
  2. Try to setup the mingw environment for building JCHEVM and SableVM
without Cygwin
  3. Make some experimentations with the help of DDD.

Enrico

Re: SableVM on Cygwin

Posted by Etienne Gagnon <eg...@sablevm.org>.
Hi Enrico,

This is great!  My hope would be, eventually, to have SableVM to also
build using Microsoft's compiler.  The "switch threaded" interpreter
(./configure --with-threading=switch) avoids using any GCC extension in
order to remain pure ISO C.  My main problem is that I do not have a
Windows machine, nor any Microsoft tool, and I do not have much time to
dedicate to such a port.  Harmony provides some platform insulation
libraries for both the VM and the classlib.  It would be interesting to
see how far we can go by getting SableVM to use these libraries instead
of POSIX calls...  Volunteers are welcome. :-)

Etienne