Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paolo Casarini <pa...@casarini.org> on 2008/03/06 13:10:32 UTC

override a goal within a phase

Hi,

   does anybody can tell me how can I replace the standard jar:jar, in
the package phase, with my xxxx:jar goal implemented by my xxxxMojo?
or is there a way to disable the execution of the standard jar:jar goal?

TIA,
   Paolo.
--
GPG key: 1024D/9C5AE886 2004-10-21 Paolo Casarini <pa...@casarini.org>

Re: override a goal within a phase

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@planet.nl>.
But then you also miss the other default goals:

process-resources             maven-resources-plugin      resources
resources
compile                               maven-compiler-plugin
compiler     compile
process-test-resources      maven-resources-plugin     resources
testResources
test-compile                        maven-compiler-plugin     compiler
    testCompile
test                                      maven-surefire-plugin
surefire     test
package                              maven-jar-plugin     jar     jar

See [1].

Hth,

Nick S.

[1]
http://cvs.peopleware.be/training/maven/maven2/buildLifecyclePhases.html#pom

Posted by Ian Hummel <hu...@parityinc.net>.
I found this information useful

http://www.sonatype.com/book/lifecycle.html#plugins_and_the_lifecyle

Posted by Paolo Casarini <pa...@casarini.org>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ro...@aciworldwide.com.
"jar" is the default value, so simply deleting the element is
insufficient. You must actually change the value to something else, like
"pom".

Robert Egan

Paolo Casarini <pa...@casarini.org> wrote on 03/06/2008 10:54:15 AM:

> I don't know... erasing <packaging>jar</packaging> don't change any
> behaviour. The jar:jar goal is still invoked.
>
> Paolo.
>

> Il giorno 06/mar/08, alle ore 16:42, Ian Hummel ha scritto:
>
> > Does that mean you will have to manually bind all the other goals to
> > their respective phases?
> >

> > On Mar 6, 2008, at 7:37 AM, Stephen Connolly wrote:
> >
> >> don't use <packaging>jar</packaging> and that will disable the
> >> jar:jar

---

Posted by Paolo Casarini <pa...@casarini.org>.

Posted by Ian Hummel <hu...@parityinc.net>.