Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net> on 2007/06/28 04:38:34 UTC

paxos implementations

while this is not exactly hadoop related, I thought the people reading
this would have the answer or know where to look for one.

A friend of mine is looking to write a distributed name server/lock thingy,
 and wants to use paxos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paxos_algorithm )
to help with consensus.

I was wondering if anyone knew of such a beast out there?

Re: paxos implementations

Posted by Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>.
Thanks.
I have got plenty of information about paxos, and am getting excited
about the near future.

regards
Ian

RE: paxos implementations