Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Srivathsan Srinivas <sr...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/01 16:02:45 UTC

outlier detection in time-series using Mahout

Hi,
       Any pointers to techniques/papers that detect outliers in time-series
of very large data sets using Mahout? I am interesting in seeing what
techniques are favorable for use in large-scale distributed systems using
Hadoop/Mahout.

Thanks,
Sri.

Re: outlier detection in time-series using Mahout

Posted by Srivathsan Srinivas <sr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ashwin,
   Thanks for the pointer. I will look into it and learn those stuff.

-Sri.

Posted by Ashwin Jayaprakash <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Srivathsan Srinivas <sr...@gmail.com>.
On the same note, a parallelizable form of AVF - Attribute Value
Frequency, looks to be promising for rapid outlier detection using
hadoop. A paper titled "a fast parallel outlier detection for
categorical datasets using map reduce" gives more info.

I am looking for various techniques and tools that would enable me to
detect and score outliers on massive datasets that might be streaming.
Just began studying some techniques and got some pointers from you
all.

Thanks,
Srinivas.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
I tried the shapelet approach for video signature generation once upon a
time and was not enormously impressed with the accuracy/recall tradeoffs.

To some degree, I expect that this was partially due to my own deficient
implementation, but I really do think that there may be better approaches
such as vector quantization of a state space of some kind.

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 6:02 PM, Srivathsan Srinivas <

Posted by Srivathsan Srinivas <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Federico Castanedo <fc...@inf.uc3m.es>.
Hi,

Posted by Srivathsan Srinivas <sr...@gmail.com>.