Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Arnulf Wiedemann <ar...@wiedemann-pri.de> on 2004/08/07 15:47:21 UTC

Installing rivet for Apache 2.0.49

Hello,
I have tried to install rivet on a SuSE linux 9.1 system with apache 2.0.49
installed.

After configuring using /usr/bin/apxs2 I get the following error messages:

apache_multipart_buffer.o       -> Command (sh): gcc -pipe -O2 -march=i586
-mcpu=i686 -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -fPIC -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -g -O -D__NO_STRING_INLINES -D__NO_MATH_INLINES
-Wno-implicit-int -fPIC -I/usr/include/apache2 -I/usr/include
-DTCL_THREADED=0 -c apache_multipart_buffer.c
In file included from apache_multipart_buffer.h:4,
                 from apache_multipart_buffer.c:16:
apache_request.h:38: error: parse error before "table"
apache_request.h:38: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
apache_request.h:49: error: parse error before '}' token
apache_request.h:49: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
apache_request.h:56: error: parse error before "table"

Looks like the typedef for table is missing.

Doing the same with apache1.3.31 (on the same machine with the appropriate
-with-apxs option) there is no problem. I get all compiled and installed and
its running without problems.

Aditionally I have a suggestion for the dtcl package:
if you include the following lines in the hgetvars proc, the VARS array would
also be filled as in mod_dtcl:

load_env ENVSproc hgetvars {} {
        uplevel {
        catch {unset VARS}			<==
        set infos [var all]			<==
        foreach {name val} $infos {	<==
                set VARS($name) $val		<==
        }						<==
        load_cookies COOKIES
        }
}

I need that because I am making use of that very often.

Cheers,
Arnulf Wiedemann

Re: Installing rivet for Apache 2.0.49

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
Arnulf Wiedemann <ar...@wiedemann-pri.de> writes:

> Hello, I have tried to install rivet on a SuSE linux 9.1 system with
> apache 2.0.49 installed.

Well that's certainly not going to work:-) We haven't done Rivet for
Apache 2 yet.  There are some complicated issues with threading if we
want to make it work on all varieties of 2.0.

> Doing the same with apache1.3.31 (on the same machine with the
> appropriate -with-apxs option) there is no problem. I get all
> compiled and installed and its running without problems.

Good!

> Aditionally I have a suggestion for the dtcl package: if you include
> the following lines in the hgetvars proc, the VARS array would also
> be filled as in mod_dtcl:

> load_env ENVSproc hgetvars {} {
>         uplevel {
>         catch {unset VARS}			<==
>         set infos [var all]			<==
>         foreach {name val} $infos {	<==
>                 set VARS($name) $val		<==
>         }						<==
>         load_cookies COOKIES
>         }
> }

> I need that because I am making use of that very often.

Ok, the proc is now:

proc hgetvars {} {
    uplevel {
        catch {unset VARS}
	load_env ENVS
	load_cookies COOKIES
    }
    set vars [var all]
    foreach {name val} $vars {
	uplevel [list set VARS($name) "$val"]
    }
    unset vars
}

I did it like this so that the 'uplevel' won't create the 'infos' or
'vars' variable in the calling space.

David N. Welton
   Apache Tcl: http://tcl.apache.org/
       Photos: http://www.dedasys.com/photos/