Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrey Ilyin <an...@db.com> on 2010/01/20 17:07:47 UTC

[users@httpd] force apache to always rebalance to same box for different tomcat contexts

Hi,
I am having a serious issue for which I could not find solution.
The configuration:
Apache: 2.2 serving as load balancer as well
workers.properties
worker.list=balancer
worker.engine1.port=10001
worker.engine1.host=localhost
worker.engine1.type=ajp13
worker.engine1.lbfactor=1
#worker.engine2.port=10002
#worker.engine2.host=localhost
#worker.engine2.type=ajp13
#worker.engine2.lbfactor=1
#worker.engine3.port=10003
#worker.engine3.host=localhost
#worker.engine3.type=ajp13
#worker.engine3.lbfactor=1
worker.balancer.type=lb
worker.balancer.sticky_session=1
worker.balancer.sticky_session_force=1
worker.balancer.balance_workers=engine1,engine2,engine3
Cluster of three Tomcat 6 instances with ajp connector with two webapps
without session serialization e.g.
<Connector
port="10001"
redirectPort="10011"
connectionTimeout="-1"
protocol="AJP/1.3">
</Connector>
<Context path="/webapp1" distributable="false">
</Context>
<Context path="/webapp2" distributable="false">
</Context>
The problem is that once user logs in into webapp1 and goes to link to
webapp2, it's not guarantied that he will go to same box as webapp 1. This
results in session lost and sometimes Principal is not correctly setup.
Using session serialization is not an option because sessions used in
webapp1/webapp2 are very heavy and it results in awfull performance.
Is there a way to force apache to always rebalance to same box for
different tomcat contexts?
Thanks,
Andrey.

---