Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by James Davidson <du...@x180.com> on 1999/10/07 04:41:36 UTC

Coming soon to a server near you

Just wanted to drop everyone a line and let people know where the status of
things were.

All the legal wranging and such is *over*. There is a signed agreement now
in place which allows the code to be transferred from Sun to the Apache
Software Foundation. This transfer will be happening very soon now.
Basically, the folks at Sun are going through changing package names,
swapping Sun copyright headers to Apache copyright headers, and making sure
that things are in pretty good shape for you guys to work with.

More news when it happens....

.duncan

Re: Coming soon to a server near you

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@jmonkey.com>.
I'm interested in participating in the programming (and possibly Q&A), is
there someone who has volunteered to organize the resources?

- Brill Pappin
  www.jmonkey.com

RE: Coming soon to a server near you

Posted by Vince Bonfanti <vi...@newatlanta.com>.
Regarding package names, copyright headers, etc., I assume the existing JSDK
classes will remain under the javax.servlet.* and javax.servlet.http.*
packages and Sun copyright, and will be redistributable under the existing
license from Sun. Is this correct, now and in the future?

Vince Bonfanti
New Atlanta Communications, LLC