Posted to user@struts.apache.org by an...@telemac.com on 2002/07/11 03:05:10 UTC

Problems running struts 1.1b1 with Jbuilder 6

Hi,

I'm upgrading my project from struts 1.0 to struts 1.1 but am having a few
problems when I run it from Jbuilder.  (everything works fine from JBoss).
Is there something special I have to do with the jar files in struts 1.1?

When I try to run the project I get the following errors:

2002-07-10 17:19:25 - IMPORTANT: Do not modify the generated servlets cannot
load servlet name: action: org.apache.struts.tiles.ActionComponentServlet
cannot load servlet name: action: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl

Warning: validation was turned on but an org.xml.sax.ErrorHandler was not
set, which is probably not what is desired.
Parser will use a default ErrorHandler to print the first 10 errors.
Please call the 'setErrorHandler' method to fix this.
Error: URI=null Line=2: Element type "web-app" is not declared.
Error: URI=null Line=3: Element type "servlet" is not declared.
Error: URI=null Line=4: Element type "servlet-name" is not declared.
Error: URI=null Line=5: Element type "servlet-class" is not declared.
Error: URI=null Line=6: Element type "init-param" is not declared.
Error: URI=null Line=7: Element type "param-name" is not declared.
Error: URI=null Line=8: Element type "param-value" is not declared.
Error: URI=null Line=30: Element type "load-on-startup" is not declared.
Error: URI=null Line=48: Element type "servlet-mapping" is not declared.
Error: URI=null Line=50: Element type "url-pattern" is not declared.

Thanks for any help,

Andy

Re: Problems running struts 1.1b1 with Jbuilder 6

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, emmanuel.boudrant wrote:

> Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 10:07:45 +0200 (CEST)
> From: emmanuel.boudrant <b7...@yahoo.fr>
> Subject: Re: Problems running struts 1.1b1 with Jbuilder 6
>
> Hi,
>
> Did you run your project under Tomcat 4 ?
> Struts 1.1 require Tomcat 4.

That should not be the case -- it should still run fine on a Servlet 2.2 /
JSP 1.1 container as well.

> -Emmanuel

Craig

Re: Problems running struts 1.1b1 with Jbuilder 6

Posted by "emmanuel.boudrant" <b7...@yahoo.fr>.
Hi,

 --- andrew.cochrane@telemac.com a écrit : > Hi,