Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@dpml.net> on 2004/11/02 23:59:55 UTC

ASF Board of Directors Reponsibility - (was RE: Whether Avalon should be closed or not (was Re: Example "closed" site))

Are you - as a Member of the ASF - saying that the policies and
procedures established by a PMC at the direction of the Board can be
disregarded?

One must be careful as one could easily reach an alternative conclusion
that an Officer of Foundation is being setup as the bunny by a Member of
Board with a well established political agenda as means to divert
responsibility from the Board of Directors.

Given the potential conclusions that one could reached - do you think
that it would be acceptable for the Board of Directors of the Apache
Software Foundation to accept what now appear to be incorrect and
potentially misleading statements by a Chair of a Project Management
Committee?

I would like to bring you back to my original question concerning the
capacity in which Aaron is acting.  I have requested confirmation of his
claims concerning a PMC decision or order to understand if Aaron is
acting in the role of representing the PMC or if Aaron is acting
unilaterally in his capacity as an Officer of the Foundation.  Stefano
has confirmed that there has been no PMC decision - in fact no vote if I
understand correctly - as such, Aaron appears to acting in his capacity
of Officer of the Foundation and as consequence the decision and
responsibility concerning the closure of the Avalon PMC clearly rests
with the Board of Directors.

Cheers, Stephen.