Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ch...@labware.com on 2006/09/11 06:13:29 UTC

Http 302 Moved temporarily response

Folks ,
         I am facing a strange problem. It happens sporadically. Sometimes
for some of my http requests that Jmeter sends to the sever,response is an
HTTP 302(Moved temporarily) with the index page of my web app as the url
where the redirection has to take
place.(http://192.168.0.13:7001/myapp/index.htm)(I have seen that from the
response tab of View results Tree Listener).Next what happens is Jmeter
sends another request to the redirected url(ie the one mentioned above)
which in this case is the index page and in response to the same i see the
following error which I believe is that the server is closing the socket
connection with Jmeter:

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset at
java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source) at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source) at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source) at
sun.net.www.http.ChunkedInputStream.readAheadBlocking(Unknown Source) at
sun.net.www.http.ChunkedInputStream.readAhead(Unknown Source) at
sun.net.www.http.ChunkedInputStream.read(Unknown Source) at
java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source) at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source) at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source) at
java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.readResponse(HTTPSampler.java:235)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:449)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:514)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:503)
at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247) at
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)..

At the same time I get an error in Jmeter.log file

 ERROR - jmeter.functions.JavaScript: Error processing Javascript
SyntaxError: syntax error (<cmd>; line 1)
        at
org.mozilla.javascript.NativeGlobal.constructError(NativeGlobal.java:597)
        at
org.mozilla.javascript.TokenStream.reportSyntaxError(TokenStream.java:1324)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.reportError(Parser.java:73)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.primaryExpr(Parser.java:1411)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.memberExpr(Parser.java:1201)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.unaryExpr(Parser.java:1115)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.mulExpr(Parser.java:1062)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.addExpr(Parser.java:1045)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.shiftExpr(Parser.java:1032)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.relExpr(Parser.java:1024)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.eqExpr(Parser.java:1002)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.bitAndExpr(Parser.java:991)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.bitXorExpr(Parser.java:980)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.bitOrExpr(Parser.java:969)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.andExpr(Parser.java:957)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.orExpr(Parser.java:945)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.condExpr(Parser.java:928)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.assignExpr(Parser.java:909)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.expr(Parser.java:898)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.statementHelper(Parser.java:577)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.statement(Parser.java:387)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.statements(Parser.java:315)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.statementHelper(Parser.java:773)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.statement(Parser.java:387)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.statementHelper(Parser.java:593)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.statement(Parser.java:387)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.parse(Parser.java:128)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.compile(Context.java:1995)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.compile(Context.java:1948)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.compileReader(Context.java:899)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.evaluateReader(Context.java:817)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.evaluateString(Context.java:784)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.functions.JavaScript.execute(JavaScript.java:81)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.util.CompoundVariable.execute(CompoundVariable.java:125)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.util.CompoundVariable.execute(CompoundVariable.java:93)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.testelement.property.FunctionProperty.getStringValue(FunctionProperty.java:85)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.testelement.AbstractTestElement.getPropertyAsString(AbstractTestElement.java:195)
        at org.apache.jmeter.config.Argument.getValue(Argument.java:121)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.util.HTTPArgument.getEncodedValue(HTTPArgument.java:142)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.getQueryString(HTTPSamplerBase.java:430)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.setupConnection(HTTPSampler.java:157)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:422)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:514)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:503)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Now this request(for the redirected url) that has given this error has
been sent automatically by Jmeter. I haven't used the __Javascript ()
inbuilt java script function here .(N.B If the response to the redirected
url would be proper then it would contain some java script in it though
but then Jmeter is dumb and it doesnt understand java script till I use
__Javascript () function)How do i get rid of this error ?Is there anything
wrong on my part ?Is there any way that whenever such a thing happens i
should be able to redirect to the sampler for the index page that I have
created and thus start a new thread as it is the starting page?

Regards,

Subhrajyoti
Mobile: +919830079545
Mail: choudhury@labware.com
Web: www.labware.com

LabWare LIMS Solutions - Results Count

Re: Http 302 Moved temporarily response

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 11/09/06, Choudhury@labware.com <Ch...@labware.com> wrote:
> Folks ,
>         I am facing a strange problem. It happens sporadically. Sometimes
> for some of my http requests that Jmeter sends to the sever,response is an
> HTTP 302(Moved temporarily) with the index page of my web app as the url
> where the redirection has to take
> place.(http://192.168.0.13:7001/myapp/index.htm)(I have seen that from the
> response tab of View results Tree Listener).Next what happens is Jmeter
> sends another request to the redirected url(ie the one mentioned above)
> which in this case is the index page and in response to the same i see the
> following error which I believe is that the server is closing the socket
> connection with Jmeter:

Looks like it ...

> java.net.SocketException: Connection reset at
[...]
> At the same time I get an error in Jmeter.log file
>
>  ERROR - jmeter.functions.JavaScript: Error processing Javascript
> SyntaxError: syntax error (<cmd>; line 1)
>        at
[...]

> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:503)
>        at
> org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This says that JavaScript function must have been used somewhere
within the HTTP Sampler parameters.

> Now this request(for the redirected url) that has given this error has
> been sent automatically by Jmeter. I haven't used the __Javascript ()
> inbuilt java script function here .(N.B If the response to the redirected
> url would be proper then it would contain some java script in it though
> but then Jmeter is dumb and it doesnt understand java script till I use
> __Javascript () function)

Indeed, JMeter does not process Javascript from HTTP responses, but it
does process its own JavaScript function.

> How do i get rid of this error ?Is there anything
> wrong on my part ?Is there any way that whenever such a thing happens i
> should be able to redirect to the sampler for the index page that I have
> created and thus start a new thread as it is the starting page?

As far as I can tell, the Javascript error is no directly to do with
the redirection.

However, the HTTP Sampler might need to re-evaluate the JavaScript
function in order to process the redirect; perhaps something in the
function call is changed by the redirect.

You could try setting "Redirect automatically", in which case the
redirects will be handled by the http protocol layer, and JMeter won't
see them at all.

Otherwise, you are going to have to fix the Javascript function call.