Posted to builds@apache.org by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/21 21:38:58 UTC

[Hudson] Strange DNS behavior on ubuntu1

All,

Does anybody know why this.is.not.a.valid.hostname.at.all.no.way
resolves to 98.137.132.14 (nx1.ycpi.vip.sp2.yahoo.net) on ubuntu1? We
(Axis2) have a couple of test cases that use this host name with an
assertion on the expected exception (UnknownHostException), but they
now all fail because they get the wrong exception (ConnectException
with connection timed out).

Andreas

Re: [Hudson] Strange DNS behavior on ubuntu1

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

I guess that this occurs if the host is configured with a search
domain and that domain has a wildcard entry. That is not the most
common situation, but we may have users working in this kind of
environment. Therefore I will modify the tests so that they are
skipped dynamically if they are executed on a host that doesn't meet
the expectations.

Andreas

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.