Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Jesvin Jose <fr...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/04 08:18:16 UTC

How to prevent webUI from coming up

I want it as a workaround to "Failed to bind web UI to port x" errors in
0.7.2.

What are the corresponding options  for standalone (./run) master, worker
and a sbt-compiled driver?

I am mostly bothered by the driver throwing up:
13/10/04 06:09:29 ERROR worker.Worker: Failed to create web UI
spark.SparkException: Failed to bind web UI to port 8081
    at spark.util.AkkaUtils$.startSprayServer(AkkaUtils.scala:83)
    at spark.deploy.worker.Worker.startWebUi(Worker.scala:86)
    at spark.deploy.worker.Worker.preStart(Worker.scala:72)
    at akka.actor.ActorCell.create$1(ActorCell.scala:508)
    at akka.actor.ActorCell.systemInvoke(ActorCell.scala:600)
    at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processAllSystemMessages(Mailbox.scala:209)
    at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:178)
    at
akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$MailboxExecutionTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:516)
    at akka.jsr166y.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:259)
    at akka.jsr166y.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:975)
    at akka.jsr166y.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1479)
    at akka.jsr166y.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:104)

--
We dont beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well
and living fully. The reaper will come for all of us. Question is, what do

Re: How to prevent webUI from coming up

Posted by Shangyu Luo <ls...@gmail.com>.
Are you trying to start multiple workers on one machine?

2013/10/4 Jesvin Jose <fr...@gmail.com>

> I want it as a workaround to "Failed to bind web UI to port x" errors in
> 0.7.2.
>
> What are the corresponding options  for standalone (./run) master, worker
> and a sbt-compiled driver?
>
> I am mostly bothered by the driver throwing up:
> 13/10/04 06:09:29 ERROR worker.Worker: Failed to create web UI
> spark.SparkException: Failed to bind web UI to port 8081
>     at spark.util.AkkaUtils$.startSprayServer(AkkaUtils.scala:83)
>     at spark.deploy.worker.Worker.startWebUi(Worker.scala:86)
>     at spark.deploy.worker.Worker.preStart(Worker.scala:72)
>     at akka.actor.ActorCell.create$1(ActorCell.scala:508)
>     at akka.actor.ActorCell.systemInvoke(ActorCell.scala:600)
>     at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processAllSystemMessages(Mailbox.scala:209)
>     at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:178)
>     at
> akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$MailboxExecutionTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:516)
>     at akka.jsr166y.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:259)
>     at akka.jsr166y.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:975)
>     at akka.jsr166y.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1479)
>     at akka.jsr166y.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:104)
>
> --
> We dont beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living
> well and living fully. The reaper will come for all of us. Question is,
> what do we do between the time we are born and the time he shows up? -Randy
> Pausch

Shangyu, Luo
Department of Computer Science
Rice University