Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Nishant Neeraj <nn...@yahoo.com> on 2010/02/17 09:49:49 UTC

Registering Objects

Hi,

I am using Cayenne 3.0B1. I have couple of what-ifs

1. If I try to register an already registered DataObject, will it create duplication?
2. If I create a new object Using DataContext.newObject(..), and then don't modify the newly created object. Will it create a new DB entry on commitChanges()?

I am hoping the answers to both would be no.

Regards,
Nishant

Re: Registering Objects

Posted by Andrey Razumovsky <ra...@gmail.com>.
No and yes. You'll need to unregister manually

--
Andrey

Re: Registering Objects

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Feb 17, 2010, at 10:49 AM, Nishant Neeraj wrote:

> 1. If I try to register an already registered DataObject, will it
> create duplication?

No, DataContext handles this case correctly.

> 2. If I create a new object Using DataContext.newObject(..), and
> then don't modify the newly created object. Will it create a new DB
> entry on commitChanges()?

Yes. The object will be committed.

Andrus