Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by goofy <to...@web.de> on 2006/12/19 12:53:01 UTC

ObjectMessage with NMS

Hi,

I'm trying to receive a JMS ObjectMessage from the ActiveMQ with a .net
Client.
Receiving a Textmessage and displaying its Text was not a big challenge, but
displaying the contents of an ObjectMessage won't work.
I'm receiving the objectMessage and I'm able to read the MessageId. But how
can I read the content of the Message?

In my concrete case I try to read a Event which has been published by a
Java-Client and contains some properties. Assume my event is a person and
contails values for "name" (String) and "age" (int).

How would I be able to deserialize these properities representing the
content of the Message.

Using byte[] content = msg.Content will return a byte-array. How can I
extract the needed information afterwards?

Greetings,
Tobi.

Re: ObjectMessage with NMS

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
This is an area of work that has not been fully developed in the NMS
client.  I think that NMS ObjectMessages should at least be able to
properly send around .NET object, converting between .NET and Java
objects would be much more tricky.  I don't see an easy way we could
support that.

On 12/19/06, goofy <to...@web.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to receive a JMS ObjectMessage from the ActiveMQ with a .net
> Client.
> Receiving a Textmessage and displaying its Text was not a big challenge, but
> displaying the contents of an ObjectMessage won't work.
> I'm receiving the objectMessage and I'm able to read the MessageId. But how
> can I read the content of the Message?
>
> In my concrete case I try to read a Event which has been published by a
> Java-Client and contains some properties. Assume my event is a person and
> contails values for "name" (String) and "age" (int).
>
> How would I be able to deserialize these properities representing the
> content of the Message.
>
> Using byte[] content = msg.Content will return a byte-array. How can I
> extract the needed information afterwards?
>
> Greetings,
> Tobi.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com