Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Susan G. Conger" <co...@yoeric.com> on 2005/01/27 17:46:32 UTC

Tomcat 5.5 Package installation Administration

Hi,

I am new to Tomcat.  I have it installed using the Tomcat5.5.4.exe.  However
this doesn't include the Administration package.  I am having trouble
figuring out exactly how to install the administration package.  I have
searched the web and I have not found any information on how to install the
extra packages that are not included with Tomcat in version 5.5.  Can
someone please send me the steps?

Thanks,
Susan

Susan G. Conger                 Custom Windows & Macintosh Development
President                                Web Site Design & Development
YOERIC Corporation                       Database Design & Development
256 Windy Ridge Road
Chapel Hill, NC  27517
Phone/Fax: (919)542-0071
congers@yoeric.com
www.yoeric.com

Re: Tomcat 5.5 Package installation Administration

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
The admin webapp should be placed in $TOMCAT_HOME/server/webapps right
next to the manager webapp instead of in the general
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps directory.  The admin.xml file is written to look
for it here.

--David

Posted by Edmon Begoli <eb...@gmail.com>.
Susan,