Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Junjie Peng <pj...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/16 13:31:49 UTC

Is this a bug in the document "db-derby-10.3.2.1-bin\docs\html\getstart\rgslib46043-old.html"

    Hello, everyone.
    When I study the tutorial of "getstart" in
"db-derby-10.3.2.1-bin\docs\html\getstart\rgslib46043-old.html", I'm puzzled
by the paragraph below:
The Network Server library   Library Name Use derbyclient.jar Required to
start the Derby Network Server. The network client library   Library Name
Use derbyclient.jar Required to use the Derby network client driver.
As a freshman, I'm not sure whether the first "derbyclient.jar"  should be
replaced by "derbynet.jar", like this:
The Network Server library   Library Name Use derbynet.jar Required to start
the Derby Network Server. The network client library   Library Name Use
derbyclient.jar Required to use the Derby network client driver.

     The same thing exists in the file of
"E:\pjj\soc\db-derby-10.3.2.1-bin\docs\pdf\getstart\getstartderby.pdf".
     Please check it.
     Thank you!

     Junjie

Re: Is this a bug in the document "db-derby-10.3.2.1-bin\docs\html\getstart\rgslib46043-old.html"

Posted by Junjie Peng <pj...@gmail.com>.
    Thank you, Kristian! I got it.

    Regards

Posted by Kristian Waagan <Kr...@Sun.COM>.
Junjie Peng wrote:
>     Hello, everyone.
>     When I study the tutorial of "getstart" in
> "db-derby-10.3.2.1-bin\docs\html\getstart\rgslib46043-old.html", I'm
> puzzled by the paragraph below:
>
> The Network Server library
>     Library Name 	Use
>     derbyclient.jar 	Required to start the Derby Network Server.
>
> The network client library
>     Library Name 	Use
>     derbyclient.jar 	Required to use the Derby network client driver.

> As a freshman, I'm not sure whether the first "derbyclient.jar"
> should be replaced by "derbynet.jar", like this:
Hello Junjie,

You are correct, the information in the guide is wrong. It has been
fixed in later versions of the getting started guide, for instance here:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/getstart/rgslib46043.html
Thanks for noticing.

--
Kristian