Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com> on 2017/04/06 07:11:39 UTC

[m12n] Location of ClusterRepositoryInfo in o.a.j.oak.plugins.identifier package

Hi

While working on an initial PoC to modularise the Oak code base, I noticed
the utility class ClusterRepositoryInfo.
This class (only containing a single static method) is only used by
NodeStore implementations and only depends on low level interfaces/classes.

Consequently, I have the impression that it is misplaced in the
o.a.j.oak.plugins.identifier package, which is intended to contain classes
related to JCR uuid and identifier handling.

Can we move to a package that properly reflects the fact that it is
intended to be used by NodeStore implementations (segment-tar,
document-store)?

Kind regards
Angela

PS: IMHO that utility should also have a private constructor to avoid
instantiation. will create a bug for that and fix that right away.

Re: [m12n] Location of ClusterRepositoryInfo in o.a.j.oak.plugins.identifier package

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.
On 06/04/2017 08:11, Angela Schreiber wrote:
> Consequently, I have the impression that it is misplaced in the
> o.a.j.oak.plugins.identifier package, which is intended to contain classes
> related to JCR uuid and identifier handling.
>
> Can we move to a package that properly reflects the fact that it is
> intended to be used by NodeStore implementations (segment-tar,
> document-store)?

Not familiar with that part of the code; but I'd say +1

Davide

Re: [m12n] Location of ClusterRepositoryInfo in o.a.j.oak.plugins.identifier package

Posted by Amit Jain <am...@ieee.org>.
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 12:41 PM, Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com> wrote:

> Can we move to a package that properly reflects the fact that it is
> intended to be used by NodeStore implementations (segment-tar,
> document-store)?

+1

Thanks
Amit