Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org> on 2005/06/04 18:01:50 UTC

Re: Cocoon zone redirect problems

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 4 juin 05, à 10:26, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :
>
>> ...Rather than mod_rewrite hacks, we need to ensure samples
>> correctly  run when not at the server root. References to CSS,
>> images, etc are  absolute and therefore broken when mounted at
>> "/cocoondemo"...
>

> Also, it seems like redirects do not work as expected.
>
> For example (starting with the new links at
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/), clicking the "supersonic tour" link  at
>
>   http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/release/samples/blocks/
>
> sends a redirect to
>
>    http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/samples/blocks/tour/intro/docs/
> index.html
>
> but it should be
>

> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/release/samples/blocks/tour/intro/
> docs/index.html
>
> I haven't investigated the exact cause, it just occured to me an I'm
> running to the Saturday evening picnic now ;-)

Is there a ProxyPassReverse along with the ProxyPass?

Also, I found it to be generally a bad idea to proxypassing an httpd
prefix to a different prefix on the servlet engine, as it often confuses
session management because of the JSESSIONID cookie path.

Sylvain

Re: Cocoon zone redirect problems

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>> Le 4 juin 05, à 10:26, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :
>>
>>> ...Rather than mod_rewrite hacks, we need to ensure samples
>>> correctly  run when not at the server root. References to CSS,
>>> images, etc are  absolute and therefore broken when mounted at
>>> "/cocoondemo"...
>>

>> Also, it seems like redirects do not work as expected.
>>
>> For example (starting with the new links at
>> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/), clicking the "supersonic tour" link  at
>>
>>   http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/release/samples/blocks/
>>
>> sends a redirect to
>>
>>    http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/samples/blocks/tour/intro/docs/
>> index.html
>>
>> but it should be
>>

>> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/release/samples/blocks/tour/intro/
>> docs/index.html
>>
>> I haven't investigated the exact cause, it just occured to me an I'm
>> running to the Saturday evening picnic now ;-)
>

> Is there a ProxyPassReverse along with the ProxyPass?
>
> Also, I found it to be generally a bad idea to proxypassing an httpd
> prefix to a different prefix on the servlet engine, as it often confuses
> session management because of the JSESSIONID cookie path.

Unless, in jetty you use the feature to set all session paths to /
(can't remember option off-hand).

Regards Upayavira