Posted to dev@any23.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/06 14:15:44 UTC

Googlegroup or Apache SVN

Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering whether we are making changes to the Apache Any23
trunk SVN code or thr Google Code?

I realise that there is a push for a 0.7.0, but where will this be
released from... under ASF?

If anyone could clarify it would be appreciated, thanks.

Lewis

--
Lewis

Re: Googlegroup or Apache SVN

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

first of all thanks Michele and Lewis for your efforts and Chris for doing
your role of champion and mentor much better than me so far :)

I think Chris clarified things well and I agree with his points, especially
the project needs all the committers to get up to speed here so if any of
you feels like needing any clarifications and/or support on doing something
then just let me know and I'll be happy to help out.

By the way, I think that one thing that may be help users (especially when
switching from GC to Apache) is having our website published; in fact
incubator.apache.org/any23 is still "empty" while one thing that help us as
PPMC members to let the project develop is a roadmap.

My 2 cents.
Tommaso

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Michele,

WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Re: Googlegroup or Apache SVN

Posted by Michele Mostarda <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 6 January 2012 18:00, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) <
chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> Hi Michele,

Hi Chris,

> Thanks for the info.
>
> I just read:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/any23/wiki/Any23ASFIncubation
>
> A couple of questions:
>
> 1. Who are the Sindice team?

Giovanni Tummarello, Michele Mostarda, Davide Palmisano, Szymon Danielczyk.

> 2. When was it agreed that they would or could even approve of
> moving the code *after* the 0.7.0 release?

We didn't find an agreement, we continued developing on Any23 while waiting
for
the initial code import on the Apache repository.

The Any23 Incubation proposal was accepted when the 0.7.0 release was ready
at
60%, we didn't expect an instant freeze of the code base, out of a
milestone.

> It is my understanding that when you guys proposed for this to be
> an Apache project, and when you filed a proposal to join the Incubator
> that all of the parallel development at Google Code would stop, period.
>
> To be blunt:
>
> 1. There shouldn't be any parallel development release going on, or
> code work going on at Google Code anymore.

Let's interrupt all the development on Any23. I will update the
announcement,
the 0.7.0 release will be done within the ASF.

What we have to do with the releases from r1548 (we imported on the ASF SVN
the revisions
from r0 to 1547) to r1607 (the latest commit on the Google SVN related to
the milestone 0.7.0) ?
I would provide an incremental dump to be applied on the initial import.
Please let me know.

  2. All development of Apache Any23 should be occuring on the Apache

> mailing lists, its SVN and through its issue tracker

I will update the Jira issue tracker with any issue not yet migrated.

> 3. All discussion and "approval" of any Any23 release post October 1, 2011
> (Any23's acceptance into the Incubator) and post Software Grant of
> the code to Apache should be happening as guided by the Apache Incubator
> PMC, by the Apache Any23 PPMC and as guided by the Apache Software
> Foundation guidelines.

The team will vote for the 0.7.0 release.

> I'll wait to hear back on these issues. But consider this an email from a
> concerned
> Apache mentor that we're not following the Apache guidelines here and that
> needs
> to change, immediately.

What we expected was the opening of a discussion to minimize the impact of
migrating
our efforts within the Apache community, discussion that unfortunately has
never started.

> Cheers,
> Chris

The best.