Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Tod <li...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/01 17:23:20 UTC

tika.parser.AutoDetectParser

I'm working on upgrading to v3.2 from v 1.4.1.  I think I've got
everything working but when I try to do a data import using
dataimport.jsp I'm rolling back and getting class not found exception on
the above referenced class.

I thought that tika was packaged up with the base Solr build now but
this message seems to contradict that unless I'm missing a jar
somewhere.  I've got both dataimporthandler jar files in my WEB-INF/lib
dir so not sure what I could be missing.  Any ideas?

Thanks - Tod

Re: tika.parser.AutoDetectParser

Posted by Tod <li...@gmail.com>.
On 07/01/2011 12:59 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> On 7/1/2011 9:23 AM, Tod wrote:
>> I'm working on upgrading to v3.2 from v 1.4.1. I think I've got
>> everything working but when I try to do a data import using
>> dataimport.jsp I'm rolling back and getting class not found exception
>> on the above referenced class.
>>
>> I thought that tika was packaged up with the base Solr build now but
>> this message seems to contradict that unless I'm missing a jar
>> somewhere. I've got both dataimporthandler jar files in my WEB-INF/lib
>> dir so not sure what I could be missing. Any ideas?
>
> Tika is included in the solr download, but it's not included in the .war
> or any of the other files in the dist directory. You may have noticed
> that you now have to include one or more jars for the dataimport
> handler. If you copy the following files from the solr download to the
> same place you have apache-solr-dataimporthandler-3.2.0.jar, you should
> be OK.
>
> contrib/extraction/lib/tika-core-0.8.jar
> contrib/extraction/lib/tika-parsers-0.8.jar
>
> Thanks,
> Shawn

Got them, thanks Shawn.

Re: tika.parser.AutoDetectParser