Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Jackman <Da...@fastsearch.com> on 2005/11/10 17:33:05 UTC

[m2] Inherited plugin execution order

According to the docs
(http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecyc
le.html):
" When multiple executions are given that match a particular phase, they
are executed in the order specified in the POM, with inherited
executions running first."

This much seems to be true.  However, how can I determine/specify the
order that inherited executions run?  I thought it would be the order
specified in the parent POM, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  My
plugin needs to run after the javadoc plugin (but really ought to be in
the same phase), but I can't seem to make this happen for inherited
projects.

..David..