Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Sunil Vasanta <su...@sawridgesystems.com> on 2015/10/26 05:45:20 UTC

Dedicated External Server Socket Interface from ATS ??

Hi  Folks,

I have written two plugins for ATS, one for changing caching logic with
help of external decision agent and one for content transformation.
In both plugin's I'm establishing a connection with an external
server/process for each transaction, which I feel kind of over kill as
its repetitive and a good software
design always avoids repetitive task. ICAP protocol might help but again
it's also a transaction based protocol and has inherited properties of HTTP.

My question is,  is there a way to establish a dedicated connection
between an external server and ATS, which can be used by all the
transactions(As Transport)?
I want to avoid changing ATS system architecture as its very complex.

Thank you,
Sunil Vasanta

Re: Dedicated External Server Socket Interface from ATS ??