Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ramadoss Chinnakuzhandai <rc...@register.com> on 2004/01/22 21:07:23 UTC

Debugging in JBoss 3.2.3

Hi,
         I'm using JBoss 3.2.3 (with Tomcat as default container) and was using version 3.2.1 earliar with Tomcat as separate container and was able to debug my application using eclipse, now we are moved onto JBoss 3.2.3 with Tomcat as default container. Is there anyway I can debug my application using eclipse without having to re-deploy my application again and again.
I know I can use myeclipse plugin to debug but wondering is there any other better alternate for debugging.
Thanks in advance,
-Ramadoss

Re: Debugging in JBoss 3.2.3

Posted by Valeriy Pelyushenko <va...@exadel.com>.
<shameless plug>

Exadel Struts Studio 5.2 (http://www.exadel.com) supports one-click null-deployment debugging for JBoss 3.2.X.

</shameless plug>

Valeriy

RE: Debugging in JBoss 3.2.3

Posted by Tim Kettering <ti...@vivakos.com>.
The newest release works on M6.  (3.7RC2, I believe)  I havent had any
trouble using it.

-tim

Re: Debugging in JBoss 3.2.3

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
Yes,

1. Setup JBoss for remote debugging.
    (specifically, you need to add a line
     to the .bat/.sh startup script)

2. Setup your .war expanded
     (for example, the directory in the
      deploy directory is named 'myapp.war')

3. Startup JBoss/Tomcat and use remote debugging
   in Eclipse

....sorry for the speedy, not-quite-complete help....but that's basically
what I used to do before I found MyEclipse.

Now, if only MyEclipse worked on 3.0 M6...hmmmmm

--
James Mitchell
Software Engineer / Struts Evangelist

Re: Debugging in JBoss 3.2.3

Posted by Pascal THIVENT <pa...@free.fr>.
JBoss-IDE brings you very good integration with Eclipse. From the homepage :

"JBoss-IDE provides the following features :
     * The debugging and monitoring of JBoss servers and the control of their
life cycle (start/stop).
     * A very comfortable and sophisticated support for XDoclet (completion and
generation).
     * An easy way to configure the packaging layout of archives (packed or
exploded)
     * A simple way to deploy the packaged and/or exploded archive to a JBoss
server"

http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=html&op=userdisplay&id=developers/projects/jboss/jbosside

Pascal