Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Eunsu Kim <eu...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/13 02:08:08 UTC

Using zstd compression on Cassandra 3.x

Hi all,

Since zstd compression is a very good compression algorithm, it is available in Cassandra 4.0. Because the overall performance and ratio are excellent

There is open source available for Cassandra 3.x.
https://github.com/MatejTymes/cassandra-zstd

Do you have any experience applying this to production?

I want to improve performance and disk usage by applying it to a running Cassandra cluster.

Thanks.

Re: Using zstd compression on Cassandra 3.x

Posted by onmstester onmstester via user <us...@cassandra.apache.org>.
I patched this on 3.11.2 easily:

1. build jar file from src and put in cassandra/lib directory

2. restart cassandra service

3. alter table using compression zstd and rebuild sstables

But it was in a time when 4.0 was not available yet and after that i upgraded to 4.0 immidiately.

Sent using https://www.zoho.com/mail/

---- On Tue, 13 Sep 2022 06:38:08 +0430 Eunsu Kim <eu...@gmail.com> wrote ---

Posted by Eunsu Kim <eu...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your response.