Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Windowsguy <ps...@ask.com> on 2010/03/05 23:35:01 UTC

Windows Service won't start on ActiveMQ 5.3

Hi, I am running Windows 2003 with JDK 1.6.0_18 and trying to get the Windows
service running.  The service installs, but it fails to start.  I get:
"Could not start the ActiveMQ service on Local Computer.  Error 1067: The
process terminated unexpectedly."  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Re: Windows Service won't start on ActiveMQ 5.3

Posted by Sebastian Rodriguez <sr...@gmail.com>.
Can you provide us your activemq.xml file? I would say most of the times
it's a configuration problem, so the broker cannot start, hence the service
can't either.

Another suggestion would be to launch your broker directly from a command
prompt so that you have a more detailed output of what is going wrong.

Regards,
Seb

On 6 March 2010 06:35, Windowsguy <ps...@ask.com> wrote:

> Hi, I am running Windows 2003 with JDK 1.6.0_18 and trying to get the
> Windows
> service running.  The service installs, but it fails to start.  I get:
> "Could not start the ActiveMQ service on Local Computer.  Error 1067: The
> process terminated unexpectedly."  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Sebastien Rodriguez