Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Greg Demieville <gr...@pdccorp.com> on 2007/09/12 21:47:53 UTC

Oracle Invalid Login Credentials

We occasionally get 'Access Denied Invalid Login Credentials' when accessing
our application. Stopping and Re-starting Tomcat fixes the issue. We are
using Apache Tomcat 5.0.28/Java JDK 1.5.0.11/Oracle 9.2/JSP pages. Is there
a known issue with Tomcat and Oracle, or do we need to require the Tomcat
service restart as part of a maintenance schedule?

Thank you,

Greg Demieville

Senior Developer

PDC Corp.

Re: Oracle Invalid Login Credentials

Posted by Peter Lombardo <pg...@gmail.com>.
It's possible too that Oracle has hit a limit either on total connections or
the connections for that schema.

To check how many connections exist in oracle via sqlplus: select count(*)
from v$session;  Default on 10g is 170 I believe but that is from memory.

A specific ORA code would give more info.

The other option is to get debug output for Oracle login attempts in
Tomcat.  Log username/password for every Oracle jdbc login attempt?

Peter Lombardo

On 9/13/07, Greg Demieville <gr...@pdccorp.com> wrote:

> >Is it possible that your db connection is being terminated (probably due
> >to inactivity) and that the "invalid login" is a spurious error?
>
> Once the 'Invalid login ' error happens, then everyone else gets the same
> error upon login until Tomcat is re-started.
>
> Which log files would help me determine a JDBC error?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Greg Demieville

Peter Lombardo
pglombardo@gmail.com