Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jp4 <jo...@hnpsolutions.com> on 2007/01/15 18:34:31 UTC

Can you compile test cases without running them

I would like to be able to compile my test cases without actually running
them.  I use maven.test.skip=true but that seems to prevent not only the
test execution but the test compilation.  Is there a way to compile without
running test cases.  I would prefer not to mess with the pom files, but do
it via the command line like -Dmaven.test.skip=true.

Thanks,

jp4

Re: Can you compile test cases without running them

Posted by jp4 <jo...@hnpsolutions.com>.
I just ran mvn clean install -Dtest=foo where foo is not a valid test and
this seems to do what I want.  If anyone has a cleaner way, please let me
know.

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day to you, jp4,

The source code compilation is handled by the maven-compiler-plugin by
default. To compile just your test cases, you can do mvn
compiler:testCompile ( see [1] )

Cheers,
Franz

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 1/15/07, jp4 <jo...@hnpsolutions.com> wrote:

> I would like to be able to compile my test cases without actually running
> them.  I use maven.test.skip=true but that seems to prevent not only the
> test execution but the test compilation.  Is there a way to compile without
> running test cases.  I would prefer not to mess with the pom files, but do
> it via the command line like -Dmaven.test.skip=true.

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html

"mvn test-compile" will run all the lifecycle phases up to and
including test-compile.  It is in the next phase, 'test' that the
tests are executed.

--
Wendy

Re: Can you compile test cases without running them

Posted by allan ramirez <aq...@gmail.com>.
just command "mvn test-compile"

On 1/16/07, jp4 <jo...@hnpsolutions.com> wrote:

> I would like to be able to compile my test cases without actually running
> them.  I use maven.test.skip=true but that seems to prevent not only the
> test execution but the test compilation.  Is there a way to compile
> without
> running test cases.  I would prefer not to mess with the pom files, but do
> it via the command line like -Dmaven.test.skip=true.
>
> Thanks,
>
> jp4

- alramirez

Re: Can you compile test cases without running them

Posted by drekka <de...@aegeon.com.au>.
Another method is to tell the surfire plugin to skip testing. Just add this
to the plugins:

		<plugins>
			<!-- Skip surefire plugin. -->
			<plugin>
				<configuration>
					<skip>true</skip>
				</configuration>
			</plugin>
		</plugins>

I used this a lot because I run my own plugin to handle JUnit4.x because the
surefire one has too many issues with it. So I need the tests compiled but
not run by surefire. But still need to execute the test phase so my plugin
runs.

ciao
Derek

Posted by Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com>.
-Dmaven.test.skip.exec in the surefire snapshot version